My Picture Website:

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why I Love Summer...

Summer is, by far, my favorite time of year. Sunshine, playing outside, big bodies of water, waterslides, the lake....I could go on and on.

This summer my nieces came to stay with me for a whole weekend. Talk about exciting! They had been to Oceans of Fun a couple days prior with their summer-league ball team, so when I informed them that we were going to the water park in St. Joe for a WHOLE afternoon, they were not exactly impressed. We floated in the lazy river and went down waterslides all afternoon. I thought we did a good job keeping sunscreen on--but as you can see in the picture, we didn't do as well as we should have.

Summer is winding down and what a great one it has been. It's been unseasonably chilly (low 80's) the last 2 days here in Savannah, but looks like the heat will pick up right where it left off. It's days like today that make me want to get out the hoodies and look for a bonfire. The shop at work is full of combines and soon they will be rolling in the fields---and what a great sight that is!

I hope these last few weeks of summer are great for you and your family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment